Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content

What is a BOG Fee Waiver and how can I get one?

Response from Lena Mason:

The Board of Governor’s Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOG) waives the unit enrollment fee for California residents including high school students.
BOG is not a cash award.
The BOG Enrollment Fee Waiver is an electronic transaction which waives the enrollment cost per unit (whether it is 1 unit or 21 units) and a portion of your parking permit for Fall and Spring semesters (you pay $20 ). The BOG does not have to be paid back. You may be eligible for a fee waiver even if you are not eligible for other types of aid.

Note: Fee waivers do not apply to class material fees, Health Services Fee, Bus passes, Student Activity card, Student Rep fee or any other optional fees. Students are responsible for making sure all fees have been paid.

If you qualify for a BOG and have already paid enrollment fees, you will receive a refund from the College Bank once your fee waiver is processed as long as it is awarded during that same semester. Please see the College Bank for further refund questions.

Eligibility for the BOG is automatically determined once the Financial Aid Office receives your FAFSA. You will be contacted by email if eligible. You can also check the status of your awards online on WebAdvisor ( ). Students who are currently receiving TANF/Cal Works, SSI/SSP, General Relief, or are a certified veteran dependent by California Department of Veteran Affairs are eligible for BOG as long as they are California residents. Submit current proof of benefits (dated within the last 30 days) along with a completed BOG application ( ) to the Financial Aid Office. You will still need to complete the FAFSA ( ) to apply for other types of financial aid.

Log On to add your response.

< Go Back


© 2011 Cabrillo Community College District

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, call: 831.479.6100